Making Money Using AdSense: Google Adsense is the best advertising program that allows you to run ads on your blog, website, or YouTube videos and you’ll get paid when visitors click on them. The ads are produced by businesses that use Google’s AdWords program that publishers are using a special AdSense code onto their websites or blog.
For new blogs or websites, the AdSense program is one of the best, easy and fastest way to make money, which is why it’s most popular.
Important features of Making Money Using AdSense
The Google AdSense program has many great benefits including:
- Adsense is totally free to join.
- Eligibility terms are so easy, which means you can apply for approval even your website or blog even when it’s new.
- There is a diversity of ad options and many that you can customize to fit the look and feel of your site.
- Google adsense pays monthly by direct deposit into your bank account or via western union and also via check if you meet the $100 threshold.
- You should run ads on many blogs/websites for making money using AdSense.
- There are also options to run ads for mobile devices and RSS feeds.
- You can easily add it to your Blogger blogs and YouTube accounts, however with YouTube, you’ll need to have at least 1,000 subscribers and 4,000 hours of watch time to run AdSense on your videos.
With that said, there are a few disadvantages of Making Money Using AdSense as well:
- Google can ban your account an instantly, and it’s not very merciful if you break the rules.
- In all type of online revenue generators, you need traffic in order to make money.
- When people click on google adSense ad, you make some money, but your visitor also leaves your site, which means you lose the opportunity to make money with higher-paying affiliated products or your own products.
- It doesn’t essentially pay more than other similar ad programs.
Making Money Using AdSense is a great earning option, but it’s not a get-rich-quick or Making Money Using AdSense-doing-nothing program. Further, Google Adsense has rules that many bloggers seem to miss when reading the terms of service. As a result, several website owners lose their AdSense account forever by violating any term of use.
Types of Google AdSense Ads
Making Money Using AdSense: Google AdSense offers a variety of ad types to run on your websites, including:
- Text: Text ads use words, either as an Ad Unit (one offer) or a Link Unit (list of offers), and come in a variety of sizes.
- Images: Image ads are graphic ads. They come in a diversity of sizes. You can choose an ad feed selection that mixes both text and image ads.
- Rich Media: These are communicating ad types that can include HTML, video, and flash.
- AdSense for Search: This lets you to have a Google search box on your website. When users enters a term and perform a search, a search results page opens with AdSense ads. You can customize the color scheme of the search results page to blend with your website.
Google AdSense Payments Options
Google pays via direct deposit or check each month your earnings reach or surpass $100. If you do not reach to $100 in one month, your earnings roll over and are added to the next month. Every time you make $100 threshold, Google will release a payment on the next payment period. Through your AdSense account, you can see your current earnings, what ads are making the most clicks, and other helpful data.
Making Money Using AdSense, Making a decent amount of money with AdSense requires a plan.
Here are tips for Making Money Using AdSense:
- Read and stick to Google’s rules: Webmasters must fulfill with Google’s webmaster policies, as well as the AdSense program policy.
- Do not click on your own ads or ask someone to click on them: Incentivize clicks, buying Pay Per Click (PPC) space, or using a program designed to drive traffic to AdSense pages are against the rules. Remember, Google isn’t very merciful about breaking the rules, so be sure to adhere to them.
- Have great content your target audience wants to read: Finally, money is made, whether through AdSense or other monetization methods, by providing valuable content and quality traffic to your blog.
- Use authentic, organic traffic-building website marketing techniques: Search engine optimization and article marketing are real in getting free traffic to your site.
- Make sure your blog is optimizing for mobile. Now a days number of people who use mobile devices is more. Also make assured you’re using responsive ads so Google can send suitable ad sizes to mobile devices viewing your site.
- Test ad types and placement to find the options that lead to the most income: Start with standard sizes (300×250, 728×90, and 160×600), and then shift them out to see if one size of ads brings more clicks than another.
- Use allow limit of ad placement: You are permitted three standard ad placements per page. Use them all for higher benefit.
- Ads above the fold: This is the portion of your page that is viewable without scrolling.
- Include in-content ads: This means having ads within your articles, which can raise clicks because they’ll be seen during the progress of reading the post.
- Monitor your results: Google can overpower you with tools and feedback but do your best to analyze your data to see what it says about your results so you can make the most from your effort.
- Read email from Google: This can be especially significant if Google is sending a warning about something it doesn’t like on your site. Failure to deal with Google’s complaints will lead to ban in the program.
Advanced Tips for Making Money Using AdSense
Once you have ads running on your website, you’ll make sure you are getting the most from your AdSense program. Here are some extra tips to consider when you’re ready to increase your AdSense revenue:
- Run trials: You can A/B test your ads through AdSense.
- Trial with link and box colors: If your colors match your theme, consider changing them up to see if it impacts results.
- Enable placement targeting: This allows advertisers to choose where their ads appear.
- Set up custom channels: This gives you abetter sense of what’s working and not working to make money on your site.
Dealing With Competitors’ or Questionable Advertisements
If you offer products or services on your website, you may find that some ads Google brings come from your competitors. Another problem that can occur is ads that may not be completely genuine or they might offend your market. To prevent these offers from showing up on your website, AdSense allows you to block up to 200 URLs from appearing on your site. The challenge of blocking URLs is two-fold.
- You don’t know what ads are running on your site until you see them there.
- Since you can’t click on your own links (to the get the URL), you need to be careful about obtaining the URL to block. The best way to get the link so you can block it in AdSense is to right-click the link, select Copy Link Address, and paste it into a text editor (i.e., Notepad). The Google URL is long, but within it is the URL of the page the ad goes to. Copy that URL and paste it into your AdSense blocked ads account.
Making Money Using AdSense, Alternative ways of earning
Around numorous ad network programs similar to AdSense, such as Media.net and InfoLinks. Some might require a traffic threshold, so you need to wait until your website is establish and get a good amount of regular traffic before being accepted.
Mostly they have same rules to Google, such as a limit to the number of the network’s ads per page (usually three), and ban for clicking your own ads. In many cases, you can run several ad networks on your site without violating terms of service, but you’ll want to read the rules of each network before doing it. Additionally, you have to avoid your site becoming so overwhelmed with ads that your readers can’t find the content.
Other Earning Options Besides Ad Networks
Ad networks, specially AdSense, are best option because you can join as a new website owner, and they are easy to use. But they’re not the only ways to make money online from your website. In fact, as your site traffic grows, other earning options might be better. Here are some other monitization ideas you can use instead of, or along with, ad networks.
- Affiliate Marketing: Like ad networks, affiliate programs are commonly free to join and easy to add to your site.
- Sell Your Own Products and Services: Creating your own product or service, as opposed to promoting someone else’s through affiliate marketing, can earn you considerably more money. This is especially true with info products or online courses that are cheap to create and sell. Further alternatives includes ebooks and freelancing services.
- Tutoring or Consulting: As an expert in your topic, you’re in a good position to help people beyond the information you provide on your website or blog.
- Sponsors: When you have a decent quantity of traffic and influence over your viewers, other companies will pay to sponsor your website.
As you can see, there are many ways to earn income from a website or blog. But Making Money Using AdSense is one of the best methods although many require that you have a good amount of traffic before making money. This is where Making Money Using AdSense is good for beginners as a monetization option. You don’t have to create anything, you can join the day you start your blog or website, it’s free, and it’s easy to add the ad code to your website.