A popular funding network, Venmo ranks close to PayPal when it comes to sending and receiving funds. Making payments on websites and sending money to friends is easy with Venmo. How to get money back from Venmo if scammed? A mistake may occur, and you may have to make money for someone else, get scammed, or ask for your money back.
Money Back on Venmo: How to Get It
It is not rocket science to send money via Venmo, even if it initially appears complicated. The purpose of this post is to provide you with more information about how to return funds to your Venmo account. The process will also be discussed so that you know what to expect as far as potential difficulties go.
How to Recover Money from Wrong Person (Venmo Refunds)
It is very common for people to pay the wrong person when using money transfer services like Venmo. In addition, users who keep the Venmo username the same as the basic account setup can create even more problems because there are many people with similar identities.
You can transfer funds to a user’s bank account after your funds have been credited to their account. However, you must first request a refund from the individual you erroneously sent funds before contacting Venmo support.
Follow these steps to request your Venmo funds back:
- Get the Venmo app and open it.
- Select the blue button for Pay or Request on the home screen.
- Request money from the individual by entering their username.
- Your exact payment amount should be entered.
- Request the funds be returned by sending a message explaining the problem.
- Select Request.
- Your action will be confirmed by a green message.
- Tap on it to confirm.
If your message is not seen right away by the recipient, you can always send a reminder. You can do this by following these steps:
- The three bars are located at the top right of the screen. Click on them.
- Make sure Incomplete is selected.
- There is a list of unfulfilled requests in the Requests section.
- To remind yourself of the request, tap the Remind button.
- Instead of the blue reminder button, a gray message will say “Reminded.”
Will Venmo Refund Money if Scammed?
When the person approves your request, you will receive the money back in your account. Venmo can help you if you are having trouble receiving your money. Refunds from the company are not guaranteed. However, your options will be discussed with them.
You can contact Venmo support in the following ways:
- In a web browser, complete the contact form.
- You can get in touch with a representative through the mobile app.
- You can reach Venmo chat experts Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. Central Standard Time and Saturday and Sunday between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m. CST.
- For customer service, call (855) 812-4430.
- The Venmo phone line is available from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. CST.
To reach the help options in the app, follow these steps:
You can access Settings by clicking the upper-right corner of your screen.
From the options available, select Get Help. The question mark is right next to it, at the end of the list.
We can be contacted by email, chat, or phone, depending on the communication method you prefer.
Check Our Hours to receive a phone number if you would like to call.
Prepare your payment information in advance to speed up the process. You must have the total payment and date, along with the recipient’s username. If you want to pay a specific individual, you must provide their username, mobile number, and email address.
How To Get A Refund In Venmo from Unknown Account
Your transaction may have been directed to the wrong account because you mistyped your username. It is possible to get your money refunded if your Venmo phone number or email address are no longer active.
Under the Incomplete section, it should be listed as Pending. If the recipient confirms their Venmo account while waiting. The money will appear in their account. If the payment is not linked to Venmo, please get in touch with Venmo Support. Refunds can be requested without contacting Venmo in those cases.
There are a few steps that need to be followed in this process:
- You should have an open Venmo account.
- Your screen will have an on Me icon at the bottom.
- From the menu, choose Transactions.
- Money in pending status can be withdrawn. It’s your choice.
How To Get Money Back From Venmo If Scammed
Now that the funds have been refunded, they will return to their source. You will be credited if you pay with your credit or debit card. The return should also appear on your Venmo balance if you used it to send the funds.
You can send money to someone by adding a Venmo account or an email address to their account if they wish to receive it.